COOLMAX® EcoMade Technology for Denim
A Quantitative study was conducted by ICM Research to better understand target consumers' preferences around cooling and warming technologies.
Over 1500 consumers were surveyed across 3 countries: U.S., Germany, and Korea.
COOLMAX® brand consumer research findings:
- In a recent Nielsen study*, 66% of respondents indicated a willingness to pay more for products and services from companies committed to positive social and environmental impact, up from 55% in 2014 and 50% in 2013.
- In a recent INVISTA study** of over 1,500 men and women across three countries, 75% of respondents were interested in a jean that would help keep them cool in warm weather.
- Consumers say that fit an comfort are a "must have" in jeans
- Emerging drivers include softness and ability to keep the consumer warm on cold days or cold on warm days
- The COOLMAX® brand is a purchase driver – it ranks highest as the technology name that would make consumers most interested in purchasing a summer jean.
*Nielsen Global Survey of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, 2015
**Denim & Activewear Study, ICM Research, 2016
Sustainability has never been so cool. Now with COOLMAX® EcoMade technology, you no longer have to choose between performance and sustainability. INVISTA has integrated the permanent moisture management properties which have long been the hallmark of the COOLMAX® brand into fiber made from 97% recycled resources such as plastic bottles. The result - weavers can create high tech, sustainable fabrics that everyone can feel good about.
COOLMAX® EcoMade technology gives new life to plastics once destined for landfills by transforming them into fibers through a six-step process, while the COOLMAX® fiber moves moisture away from the skin to help keep the wearer cool, dry and comfortable longer. And, with strong consumer preference, the COOLMAX® brand can help drive sales of your garments.
Interested in learning more? Download the COOLMAX® EcoMade sales sheet or